ZWave temperature, humidity, dew point sensor: Aeotec aërQ, wireless, battery powered, SmartThings sensor, Z-Wave Plus, Z-Wave hub required
Version 2 of Aeotec's tiny 4-in-1, temperature and humidity sensor. aërQ Temperature & Humidity Sensor is a multi-sensor air quality and temperature management. It features.
- temperature sensor
- humidity sensor
- dew point sensor
- mold potential algorithm
Version 2 (vs. version 1) of this sensor features.
- New power management hardware to extend battery life and performance
- New digital, temperature and humidity sensor chip for increased measurement accuracy
- 3-in 1 temperature, humidity, mold sensor.
- 2-year battery life.
- Super-small at 1.38 inches. It can be installed almost anywhere you need to measure temperature and humidity and analyze some attributes of air health.
- Compatible with certified Z-Wave gateways including Aeotec AutoPilot, Open Z-Wave, Vera UI7, Fibaro Home Centre etc.
- Humidity range: 0 to 80% RH ± 3%
- Temperature range: 14°F to 146°F (± 1.8°F) / -10°C to 65°C (± 1°C)
- Dew point range: 14 to 146°F (± 1.8°F) / -10 to 65°C (± 1°C)
- Operating humidity: 10 to 95%
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 45°C / 32°F to 113°F
Battery: CR2477 3V Lithium (LiMnO2)
Quick start.Getting your aërQ Sensor up and running is as simple as installing it and linking it to your Z-Wave network. The following instructions tell you how to add your aërQ Sensor to your Z-Wave network using an existing gateway.
How to open aërQ Sensor.
There are 2 small, indented arrows on the side of your aërQ Sensor that indicate where you need to push in in order to open up aerQ Sensor.
- Find the 2 indented arrows along the side of your aerQ Sensor.
Place your thumb and index finger on the 2 indented arrows and push in.
- If attached to a wall - pull the aerQ sensor which will separate it from the bottom hald.
- If not attached to a wall - use your other hand to grip the bottom half of the sensor and pull the 2 sides apart, the 2 halfs will split apart.
Remove the battery tab.
aërQ Sensor has a battery tab in this unit to keep the unit from utilizing the battery when it is first purchased. Make sure that you remove this tab before you continue with the installation.
Open up the aërQ Sensor to expose the battery.
- Locate the indented arrows and grip the top and bottom half and pull them apart.
- Remove the battery and the battery block tab from the unit.
- Recycle or trash the battery block tab.
- Replace the battery back into its hardware with + side facing outwards.
aërQ Sensor utilizes double-sided adhesive tape to allow you to mount aërQ Sensor onto any flat surface.
- Place the double-sided adhesive on the bottom of aërQ Sensor
- Choose a place to stick aërQ Sensor and firmly press down to finish the mounting installation.
- Remove aërQ Sensor from its mount to prepare aërQ Sensor for pairing.