Inovelli Blue Series 2-1 Smart Switch / Dimmer
** PREORDER NOW FOR OCTOBER DELIVERY! **
The Blue Series 2 - 1 Smart Switch will change the way you think about smart lighting.
The Blue Series is the latest innovation from Inovelli, the award winning company renowned for their design and approach to Smart technology. It's their first ever Zigbee switch, and dare we say the best yet.
2-1? More like 100-1
This uL listed smart switch functions either as a dimmer or a on / off toggle switch. The choice is yours. But that's only the beginning:
Multiple Choice Installation:
- Neutral Wire Installation: This is the most common and the recommended solution to installation. You simply install the switch as you would a normal light switch, but add in the neutral wire (usually a clump of white wires in the back of the gang-box).
- Non-Neutral Wire Installation: Some older homes do not have a neutral wire and unfortunately many switches on the market do not account for this. The good news is this switch will work without a neutral wire (albeit some limitations outlined below).
- Add-On (Aux) Switch Installation: In a 3-Way (or multi-way) setup, you have more than one switch controlling your lights. The switch can work with a special add-on (aux) switch to provide dimming as well as scene control at both ends. Our recommended add-on (aux) switch is our own White Series Add-On (Aux) Switch, but these can also work with Jasco's and HomeSeer's.
- Dumb Switch Installation: If you'd prefer to leave your existing, "dumb" switch at the end of your 3-Way (or multi-way) setup, you can certainly do that with this switch (not available in a non-neutral setup). EZ 3-Way technology allows you to not have to re-wire your dumb switch -- simply install your smart switch on one end and you're good to go. NOTE: Illuminated, "dumb" switches will not work.
- Smart Switch Installation: Lastly, you can have 2x (or more) smart switches installed in a multi-way setup. Special re-wiring is required for this and a neutral wire is also required.
Check out Inovelli's wiring schematics here.
Beyond Capable LED Bar:
The customizable LED offers more than just dim level. You can fully customize to alert you to important events. Blink red for emergencies, pulse yellow for demand energy events, or flash your team colors when your favorite team scores. (Please note this capability is largely dependent on your hub's ability to support this functionality)
Smart Bulb Mode:
Smart Bulbs, like Philips Hue, are great, until someone flips the switch. Well my friend, your duct tape over the light switch days are behind you. Smart Bulb mode allows constant power to the light bulb so it's always ready to be controlled from your favorite app. And with the scene control capabilities, you can now change colors right from the switch.
Zigee Binding - No Hub needed:
The Blue Series can be directly connected to Zigbee bulbs without the need for a third party hub. Check out this demo of direct connection to Philips Hue
Inovelli has tested the following hubs for compatibility. Click any of the links for setup instructions. If your hub is not listed, please note that the functionality may be limited!
Power: 120V AC, 60Hz
Signal (Frequency): 2.4GHz
Operating Temperature Range: 32-95° F (0-35° C)
Maximum Load (Watts): 600W Incandescent, 300W LED, 150W CFL
Range: Up to 100 meters line of sight between the Wireless Controller (HUB) and the closest Zigbee Module
Dimensions: Depth = 1.2" (3.0cm), Height = 2.8" (7.1cm), Width = 1.6" (4.1cm)
UL Certified: E528330
FCC Certified: 2AQ7V-VZM31SN
IC Certified: 24756-VZM31SN