Learn Why Z-Wave is the leading source for home automation
Currently there are nearly 1000 different Z-Wave products that all work together so you can choose the products that are right for your home.
- Z-Wave Empowers Innovation.
- Z-Wave’s flexibility and reliability make it a natural fit for innovators looking to expand offerings in the smart home and IoT industries.With so many companies using Z-Wave the abilities to control your home are constantly changing and becoming innovative.
- Z-Wave has the greatest Energy Efficiency.
- Z-Wave's power efficiency is by far the most advanced among all of today’s (and tomorrow's) wireless protocols. Battery-operated sensors and systems need very little maintenance.
- Z-Wave is an Interoperable Ecosystem.
- It's important that products work together with all smart devices in the home, regardless of type, version or brand. There are 300 companies with over 1200 certified products that are backwards- and forwards-compatible in the Z-Wave ecosystem.
- Z-Wave is Driving a Standard.
- Z-Wave has proven to be the most ubiquitous of the wireless communication standards; it is the only low-power, medium-bandwidth HAN/LAN technology with interoperability. Z-Wave is open, based on an International Standard PHY MAX ITU-T G.9959., offering a single standard and a single stack. The stack is openly licensed; all that is required is certification to ensure interoperability.
- Z-Wave is NOT Affected by Wireless Interference.
- Z-Wave uses a lower frequency than common household wireless products such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee and other 2.4 GHz protocols. It is not subject to their interference and traffic jams, which makes Z-Wave more reliable for automating tasks and receiving accurate status of devices.
- Z-Wave is Securely Encrypted.
- Z-Wave uses industry-standard AES128 encryption, the same protocol used in online banking. The Z-Wave certification process ensures that both the Z-Wave network and the Z-Wave devices in your home are secure from hacking.
- Z-Wave was Designed for Home Control.
- Z-Wave was designed from the ground up for home control. Its power, range and bandwidth are optimized specifically for smart home applications.
- Z-Wave's Mesh Network Provides the Best Scalability.
- Because nodes in a Z-Wave network can act as a repeater, Z-Wave can provide enough range for even the largest homes, working around obstacles and wireless dead spots.